A dining and drinking destination in the historic Hotel Kaufman building.
The Kaufman House was built after the fire of 1902 by Henry Stokey and operated it as a hotel until 1920, when he sold it to the Union Rubber Company, who used it as housing for workers at its plant in Zelienople. Union Rubber sold the house to E.F. Kaufman in 1924. Kaufman remodeled and modernized what he called the Kaufman Hotel, making it a popular stop between Pittsburgh and Erie. In 1974, Ellwood City native Ken Pilarski bought the hotel and renamed it Kaufman House. In his tenure as owner, the Kaufman House had four dining rooms, a coffee shop, a banquet room and a lounge. Today, Kaufman Tavern continues to be a neighborhood destination, ideal for gathering with family and friends for good food, good drinks and a good time.