Three Butler County Customer Service Professionals Receive Cash Prizes for Jobs Well Done
Butler County Service Excellence Program Recognizes 17 Employees Overall
ZELIENOPLE, PA (Sept. 15, 2022) - Three Customer Service Professionals were honored as part of the Butler County Tourism & Convention Bureau’s (BCTCB) Service Excellence program Wednesday night at Della Terra Restaurant in Zelienople.
“Understanding the importance of outstanding customer service -- and recognizing those who consistently deliver it -- can only reap benefits for any organization,” said Jack Cohen, President, BCTCB. “By focusing on the fundamentals of a great customer experience we cultivate an environment where excellent customer service is recognized and rewarded county wide.”
The BCTCB’s Service Excellence Awards Program recognizes exceptional customer service and provides a resource for businesses to create a culture of service. A total of 17 individuals were nominated for the three top prizes.
The three winners honored Wednesday were:
- 1st place: Jim Crawford of Thoma’s Meat Market, $500
- 2nd place: Amanda Herr of Cranberry Highlands Golf Course, $250
- 3rd place: Lori Korn of Forever Kindred Boutique, $100
Nominations for the award in this county-wide program were submitted by a nine-member panel of “Ambassadors of Excellence,” who were assigned to visit Tourism Bureau member businesses. Ambassador nominations were then pared to 17 final individuals, with the three winners being selected from that group.
Each customer service professional nominated received a pin and a $25 BCTCB gift certificate.
The other 14 nominees selected were:
- Riley Lang, Neff Haus Ice Cream Shop
- Caley King, North Country Brewing Co.
- Annalease Folk, Eat-n-Park, Clearview Mall
- Troy Rasely, Longhorn Steakhouse
- Haley McMaster, WunderBar Coffee & Crepes Cafe
- Hope Roberts, The Birdwatchers Store
- Erin Lazor, Donut Connection
- Michelle Skal, Monroe Hotel
- Gina Gennaro, Cannella Cafe
- Jessica Buffington, Pennie’s Bake Shop and Espresso Bar
- Ron Carter, The Strand Theater
- Jennifer Scanlon, Pittsburgh Marriott North & Courtyard Marriott North
- Beth Miller, Eva Brynn Shoetique
- Sarah Rothrock, Sips & Sweets
“Butler County is a special place with special people,” Cohen said. “When employees display outstanding customer service skills they should be recognized as they are a reflection of what we’re all about.”
The BCTB would also like to thank its Ambassadors of Excellence, who nominated all those honored: Jerry Andree, Roxann Booser, Jack Cohen, Vicki Hinterberger, Amy Pack, Tammy Schaum, Terry Shore, Paula Slomer, and Sheriff Michael Slupe.