Mother’s Day is about celebrating the special ladies in your life, whether that be a wife, mom, stepmom, grandmother, aunt, godmother, caregiver, or other positive female mother figures and mentors. Say thank you for everything she does by cherishing her this Mother’s Day with special quality time and locally-sourced presents. We know it can be difficult to pick out the perfect gift, so we made sure to include something for every kind of price point and every kind of mom in this Mother’s Day Gift Guide of Butler County treasures. There will be no need to fall back on “hug coupons” or a homemade card because we will help you find amazing presents for all the people you love and celebrate on Mother’s Day (although a homemade card is always a nice extra way to show your love).
Bonus: You will be shopping at locally-owned Butler County businesses! (What’s better than that?)
Show Her You Care
- Order a flower arrangement or lovely spring wreath from All About Reclaimed. The wildflower garden arrangement or designer’s choice arrangement are sure to put a smile on her face. All About Reclaimed also carries other handmade gifts mom may like such as eccentric earrings and pillows.
- Gift specialty crafted food products such as the jam gift set from Batch or infused olive oil from The Enchanted Olive. While you are at Batch, don’t forget to pick up mom a piece of beautiful handmade pottery from Christy Culp Ceramics. You can choose from a bowl, mug, or even a mini pie pan.
- Find a unique antique or handcrafted gift at Mystique Moon Antiques and Artisans. You are sure to give mom something really special in the wide selection of home goods from handmade charcuterie boards and mom mugs to antique treasures like a pretty tea set and other home decor.
- Help mom plant her dream garden by first taking her to a nursery to pick out plants; then assisting her with the hard work of planting them. This will give you plenty of quality time with mom and produce special memories that she will think of every time she admires her garden. Some places to pick out plants include:
Gift Her “Me Time”
- Treat her to a massage or facial treatment at The Body Bar Massage & Tanning or Hand & Stone Message & Facial Spa. They both offer a variety of massages such as a Swedish, deep tissue therapy, and hot stone, as well as several kinds of facials and peels to accommodate skin types. Go to The Body Bar for an aromatherapy massage or Hand & Stone Massage & Facial Spa for a himalayan salt stone massage and LED Phototherapy Treatment. Benefits of massages include reducing stress and boosting the immune system, and facials are wonderful for skin rejuvenation and clearing skin impurities. Help her feel relaxed and refreshed by giving her an escape from day-to-day life. Book an appointment for mom or give her a gift card!
- Another way to help mom escape day-to-day stressors is to gift her a night away in an accommodation that will give her much needed quiet and rest. There are a variety of accommodations in Butler County that you can view here.
- One idea is to book her a night in the Urban Nest for luxurious me time, a night with a few girlfriends (it sleeps four), or a romantic getaway with a significant other. This luxe loft includes a cozy bed, spa-like bathroom, smart TV, and reading nook. Mom can order in or go out to many nearby restaurants such as Natili North, Butler Brew Works, or Dr. Sous Chop House.
- Take this getaway to the next level by pairing it with a lovely bottle of wine from Anna Marie Wine, chocolate from Peter’s Chocolate Shoppe, or a book from The Little Green Bookstore that mom can enjoy on her night off.
- Create a DIY spa night package for mom by giving her all the items to create a relaxing night at home from local shops. Eleven Eleven has a wonderful variety of hand-poured candles, bath bombs, and bath salts. Pair with a bottle of wine from Winfield Winery or Heritage Wine Cellars and a Swig wine cup from Emma + Jane.
For The Stylish and Chic Mom
- Gift a staple piece from Boutique 16063 such as a gorgeous dress like the Day and Night Floral Wrap Dress, a standout piece like the Printed Becket Blazer or comfy loungewear like the Garden Top and Shorts.
- Shop shoes at Eva Bryn Shoetique. Gift mom a new wedge or flat sandal for summer. There is a large selection of stylish footwear no matter the style, so you can be sure you will find something special.
- Drape her in jewelry by visiting Mathew Jewelers in Zelienople or Cranberry, where you can find a beautiful pendant necklace, bracelet, or earrings. If mom is interested in making her own jewelry, sign her up for a jewelry making class at Appalachian Rock Shop or purchase materials for mom to make her own jewelry at home.
- Add in cute accessories such as a “I’m not a regular mom, I’m a cool mom tote” from Emma + Jane or a Yinzer Hat from Boutique 16063.
Indulge Her Hobbies
- Emma + Jane carries several cute vintage puzzles mom will enjoy. Choose from a bright cocktail time puzzle to a wildflower or bird puzzle. If mom likes embroidery or is looking for a new hobby, you could also give her the “Gratitude” embroidery set.
- For quilt lover moms out there, check out Little Foot Quilt Shoppe and buy mom a finished quilt or a kit to make one herself. There are a variety of sizes and colors available, including a beginner friendly quilt making kit.
- For moms who enjoy crocheting, knitting, weaving, or other kinds of fiber art, visit Darn Yarn Needles and Thread in Harmony. You will find all the supplies mom may need to start or continue her fiber art hobby.
- Present mom with an outing where she can get in touch with her creative side. At Steele’s Brushes and Ceramics, she can complete a painting project, or take mom to Ooh and Ahh or Harmonie Laden for a sign making workshop.
- For the Sporty mom, take her golfing at one of Butler County’s many scenic golf courses. Find one that fits your needs here. This is another fantastic gift that will bring you and mom together for quality time. Pair this outing with lunch close to where you tee off.
We hope this gift guide helps you honor and cherish the women you celebrate this Mother’s Day!